It may not look like much, but this guacamole soup is rich, hearty, and tasty!
Avocados are so great! They’re packed with power protein, and can be used in so many different contexts that it’s hard to think of life before they came on the scene here in NZ not that long ago!
Here’s a delicious, rich guacamole soup that’s great as a starter, or an accompaniment.
3 large tomatoes cut into small pieces
1 large onion cut into chunky pieces
2 garlic cloves
1 green chili pepper seeded
3 medium avocados.
Milk OR soy
1. Place tomatoes, onions, chili and garlic in food processor, and stop when it’s smooth.
2. Heat pan with olive oil, then add tomato sauce. Cook about 15 minutes.
3. Mash avocados with half a lime or lemon juice.
4. Add avocado paste, to tomato sauce in pan, then stir well and cook for another five minutes.
5. At this point, soup is very thick. Add milk or soy milk.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Garnish with chopped coriander.
Note: This is a very thick, creamy soup. Don’t over-cook the avocado paste, and water it down with milk or soy milk to suit your taste. It’s delicious as a very thick soup, but go easy on portion servings!