Today was a good excuse as ever to try out a new meal recipe that would hopefully warm me up considerably while also being undeniably delicious, and I think I’ve found it. The other thing I love about this new recipe is how adaptable it is, making it suitable for vegans, vegetarians or those who are gluten intolerant. So, without further ado, here it is, pasta for two (or sneaky seconds):
Pasta With Artichoke Hearts & Peas
250g Orzo pasta or pasta of your choice*
1/2 cup frozen peas
1/2 cup artichoke hearts, washed & chopped (canned, fresh or frozen)
1/2 lemon, juiced
125 ml of vegetable broth
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp dried basil (or 2 tbsp fresh, chopped)
Good pinch of sea salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
*(For a gluten free version, try the Quinoa pasta range by CeresOrganics, you won’t be disappointed)
1. Cook pasta according to the package instructions.
2. On a low heat, saute the artichoke hearts in the olive oil for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add the peas, and saute for a further 2 minutes.
4. Add the vegetable broth, basil, salt & pepper and simmer on low heat for 5 minutes.
5. Next add the lemon juice, and toss through the pasta.
6. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese (optional), otherwise serve hot.
Enjoy! RACHEL WALKER